The Medicus Student Exchange Scholarship program provides partial financial support for U.S. Residents at the junior, senior or graduate college level who have been accepted to study at a Swiss University or Federal Institute of Technology. The full amount of these grants is paid directly to the university upon proof of registration.
This is a nonrenewable, one-time only scholarship award.
- You are a U.S. Resident.
- You are permanently domiciled in the U.S.
- You have been accepted to a Swiss University or to a Federal Institute of Technology.
- You will study full-time at undergraduate (college junior or senior) or graduate school level.
Required supporting documents and application deadlines:
Email your application form together with the following documents to the Scholarship Committee by March 31st:
- Proof of applicant’s U.S. citizenship or U.S. residency.
- Proof of cost for tuition, room and board.
- Proof of proficiency in the language of instruction.
- If available, we recommend that you submit SAT/ACT or GRE/GMAT results.
Please also provide the following documents by April 30th:
- Official transcripts of all high school, college and graduate grades (no copies).
Electronic transcripts are only accepted if the Swiss Benevolent Society can download the transcripts from the university's website or if the sender is the respective school.
- Letter of acceptance from Swiss University, Federal Institute of Technology or Technical College (Fachhochschule).
- Two academic recommendations from professors in the applicant’s major area of study, on official letterhead (no copies).
For studies in United States of America:
Swiss students who wish to study in the United States may apply for this grant by contacting ‘swissuniversities’, Sennweg 2, 3012 Bern Switzerland or see http://www.swissuniversities.ch/en/services/scholarships-for-study-abroad/grants-for-the-usa/.