This award may be granted to a college senior or graduate student who demonstrates sustained academic excellence (cumulative Grade Point Average of at least 3.8) in a demanding study program.
This is a nonrenewable, one-time only scholarship award.
The amount is paid in two installments to the recipient's school; at the start of the academic year, the fall semester, the other at the start of the spring semester.
- You or one of your parents is a Swiss national.
- You are a U.S. Resident.
- You are permanently domiciled in either New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania or Delaware for two years or more.
- You are in excellent academic standing (min. GPA 3.8) and show aptitude in your chosen fields of study.
- You will study full-time (min. 12 credits) as a senior in college or at graduate school.
Required supporting documents and application deadlines:
Email your application form together with the following documents to the Scholarship Committee by March 31st:
- Proof of Swiss citizenship of applicant or one parent (copy of Swiss passport, copy of consulate recognition letter or similar).
- Proof of applicant’s U.S. citizenship or U.S. residency.
- Proof of SAT / ACT or GRE / GMAT results.
- Proof of cost for tuition, room and board (copy of bursar’s bill).
Please also provide the following documents by April 30th:
- Official transcripts of all high school, college and graduate grades (no copies).
Electronic transcripts are only accepted if the Swiss Benevolent Society can download the transcripts from the university's website or if the sender is the respective school.
- Two current letters of reference from professors in the applicant’s major area of study, on official letterhead (no copies).
Applications or supporting documents submitted after March 31st resp. April 30th will not be considered. The SBS does not confirm receipt of applications to students.